There’s nothing like a bit of typography on your clothing to spell out your mood. Cheeky, angry, mummy warrior, sexy… whatever your mood or tribe, there’s something quite satisfying in letting your fashion do all the talking. That’s why I’ve rounded up my 5 favourite slogan sweatshirts, with a few bonus tips on how to style them up.
Slogan sweatshirts are the lazy fashionista’s best friend. No truer is this for the school run or day out with the kids, when all you need are statement pieces you can chuck on super quickly and look great with no effort. Those days, when you want to be anti-social, but are thrust into the arms other people, happy people, friendly people. Your slogan can allow you a quick nod of the head, wave and dash off around the corner to nurse your luke warm coffee or if you’re stuck for conversation, they’re a great ice breaker.
My new sweatshirt from New Look sums up my thoughts on America and the UK right now. We are fractured, but not completely broken, I’m hopeful we can be the shift to heal the wound and bring us all together again. See, didn’t know you could get so deep with a yellow sweatshirt, but there you go!
Text Sweatshirt £15.99 Zara
Selfish Mother Super Human Sweatshirt £45 @ John Lewis
Statement Sweater £20 @ Monki
Graphic Hoody £28 @ Next
Gym Sweatshirt £29.95 @ Not On The High Street
5 styling tips for the price of 1
- Throw your statement sweatshirt over your jeans/ joggers, shove on your jeans and trainers and off you go!
- Rock a polo neck underneath for an unashamed 90s sporty vibe
- Layer with a shirt (denim or pie crust for bonus points) and pair of tailored trousers for a smart work look
- Add some swoosh with a statement maxi skirt
- Introduce height and glamour with a pair of heels and weather you’re wearing your slogan sweater with jeans, trousers or skirt, you will look flawless ma
If you could put anything on your slogan sweatshirt, what would it say?